- Harvees Farmers – individuals who have registered to the Harvees platform and have planted a Harvees Seed given to them by another Harvees Farmer or acquired one through the Seed Adoption Center
- Harvees Supporters – individuals who have registered to the Harvees platform and are yet to receive/adopt, and plant a Harvees Seed
- Harvees Advocacy Partners – organizations who have officially partnered with Kildekode, Inc. through the Harvees Advocacy Partnership Program
Kildekode, Inc., being the creator of Harvees for mobile and web use, is the main data controller of personal data and information submitted to the app.
Data Collection and Uses
The Data We Collect
We only collect data relevant to the effective use of our platform. In connection to this, Harvees collects:
- Data provided by users to Harvees, such as during account creation, use of the CropExchange feature, and customer support concerns; and
- Data created during the use of our platform, such as action logs when giving Harvees Seeds, using Growth Buttons, and using other in-game features
Data provided by users to Harvees. This includes:
Farmer's Profile: We collect personal information upon account creation or profile updating. This includes their farmer name (legal name not required), birthday, sex, email address, and a profile photo of the user. Also, we may collect additional personal information provided by the user during when using the Harvees Crop Exchange feature. To activate one's Crop Exchange status, we will require relevant information such as Full Legal Name, Address, Country of Residence, Contact Number, and Tax Identification Number
Data created during the use of Harvees services. This includes:
Action Logs: We collect data to maintain a log of all actions being done within the platform. This includes crop spending, Harvees Seed sharing, and other in-app actions. While we keep your Buy Crops and Sell Crops data, including the amount of crops you sell, we will never keep your debit/credit card details. You will only be asked for your debit/credit card data when redirected to a third party financial service provider/online payment gateway.
How We Use Personal Data
Harvees collects and uses data to securely facilitate the core function of the app, which is to enable an easy, fun, and secure way to raise funds for advocacy-driven organizations and earn incentives as well. We also use the data we collect:
- To keep Harvees' services accurate and reliable
- To ensure the legal eligibility of our users
- To ensure the transparency and credibility of our system
Harvees does not and will not sell or share personal data to third party for their direct marketing or any purpose other than those that are related to the Harvees Advocacy Game.
To keep Harvees' services accurate and reliable, we use data for:
- Creation and updating of users' accounts
- Maintaining an accurate database for allocating crops as part of Farmer's Incentive feature
- Accurate crop allocation count for Harvees Advocacy Partners
To ensure the legal eligibility of our users, we use data for:
- Identity verification when using the Crop Exchange feature
To ensure the transparency and credibility of our system, we use data for:
- Generating analytic reports that are essential for our periodic Transparency Reports
Data Sharing and Disclosure
The Harvees platform is built on the timely collection and distribution of help everyone could provide for one another. On the other hand, we also understand that data sharing and disclosure should be responsibly made due to the sensitivity of the data Harvees users entrust us with. Some of our features require Harvees to share data to users at a user's request.
With other users, we share the following data:
- Your Farmer Name and Tree Height, but only to the user who gave you your Harvees Seed, not with everyone else, including your own Onion Layers
With the general public, we may share:
- Questions, suggestions, or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Harvees social media accounts may be viewable by the general public, including any personal data included in the questions, suggestions, or comments submitted by a user.
For legal reasons, we may share:
- Harvees may share data collected if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, government request, or where the disclosure is otherwise necessary and appropriate due to general public safety concerns.
- With other users, we share the following data:
Data Retention and Deletion
Harvees retains user profile, the same plant from the Harvees Seed the user received, and other personal data for as long as the user maintains a Harvees account. In the event a user requests for an account deletion, Harvees may retain certain information if deemed necessary for legal compliance, safety, and fraud prevention.
Grounds for Data Processing
We would only collect, use, disclose, and store personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. Wherever Harvees is used, we shall only operate under the lawful data privacy practices mandated by each sovereign territory.
User's Control Over Their Personal Data
Harvees enables its users to access and control the data that Harvees collects, including through:
- In-App Settings
- Device Permissions
In addition, Harvees allows its users to make changes or updates to their accounts, or delete their Harvees accounts.
Notifications: Harvees Seed is Shared and Planted
Whenever a shared Harvees Seed is planted, a notification will be send in-app and the user's Shared Seeds tab will be updated. This in-app notification cannot be disabled, but banner, lock screen, notification center, and other in-device notification may be disabled in device settings.
Notifications: Crops Ready for Harvest
Whenever Crops are ready for harvest as a result of the Farmer's Incentive feature, a notification will be sent in-app. This in-app notification cannot be disabled, but banner, lock screen, notification center, and other in-device notification may be disabled in device settings.
Notifications: Growth Action is Finished
Whenever Rainfall, Bee Swarm, Seed Moon, or Rainbow is used and is finished, a notification will be sent in-app. This in-app notification cannot be disabled, but banner, lock screen, notification center, and other in-device notification may be disabled in device settings.
Notifications: Forest Grew by a Layer
Whenever Harvees Seeds shared results in a new Onion Layer to be unlocked, a notification will be sent in-app. This in-app notification cannot be disabled, but banner, lock screen, notification center, and other in-device notification may be disabled in device settings.
Notifications: Plant Withered
Whenever a user's plant is left unattended (no growth buttons used) for more than seven (7) days and withers, a notification will be sent in-app. This in-app notification cannot be disabled, but banner, lock screen, notification center, and other in-device notification may be disabled in device settings.
- Notifications: Harvees Seed is Shared and Planted
Harvees is available in both iOS and Android platforms. These mobile platforms typically require users to first give permission to apps, including Harvees, before apps could access some features such as camera and camera roll, among other things (especially during first time use).